Monday, February 15, 2010

Welcome to the FABU Queer!


Well....... Now I have been threatening for years to begin blogging.... and now I have done it! Look out WORLD.... the loud mouth, opinionated, FABU Queer is about to LET YOU HAVE IT HONEY!


I must begin by saying that I am a fair person, but quite old fashioned in my thinking of some things and quite urban in my interpretation of others. I expect and demand EXCELLENT service from everyone, and rarely tolerate anything less (every "Luna Blue" I will make an exception). I am quite the frugal (cheap ass bitch) shopper with a flare for the extravagant (DUH! I WAS a queen....hence the photo).
I can be found every other week (as the BOY I am now) at THE CORNER BAR - hosting the Drag Show....on TUESDAYS @ 11:00 PM (Let me add a disclaimer: "Drag is NOT what it used to be in Monroe, and my mission in life is to help these gurls understand it as it used to be. Through the use of Catty remarks, 'reading', and bluntness, I will transform them if it is the last thing I do") I must throw in a little "HOLLA" and "PRAISE" to those that came before me and showed me how to "READ", "be CATTY", & "being BLUNT". For these lessons, I am eternally grateful and will never be able to repay you, or show enough gratitude.... I can also be found every Sunday at 5:00 PM at the Metropolitan Community Church of Monroe. Hope to see you soon!
I will close for now.... but look for more posts to come!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome darling!!!!! I'll be one of your most faithful readers. Kisses,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I agree the "girls" here are not what they used to be. Gone are the days of Brittney Demarkoff, Cassi Wellch, Sylvia Scarlett, Jane Doe , and so many more. I guess these girls do what they can with the leadership they have, but they should go and see how the "Big Girls" do it and think out side of their lil world here in Monroe. " A Crown doesn't make you a Queen, Ruling the Masses make you a Queen"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SIDE NOTE: For anyone who would like to learn more about how things USED to be in Monroe.... you should GOOGLE "Erica Andrews" "Chelsea Pearl" "Victoria West" "Layla LaRue" "Maya Douglas" "Lauren Taylor" "Chevelle Brooks" "MiMi Marks" and any other NATIONAL TITLE HOLDER..... as that is what the Queens of days gone by used to try to BE.... not thinking they were "something" after winning a "bar title" - simply because noone better than them entered that night. *Chevelle Brooks is actually FROM Monroe - but moved away*

    ReplyDelete