Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Quizno's, Upcoming Show, & Do Better!!!

QUIZNOS:

So I went to Quiznos #2765 today for lunch... and this is what happenned.....

I looked at the menu, and decided I wanted a Chicken Carbonara Sandwich. The menu said I have my choice of Artisan Breads: Italian White, 9 Grain Artisan Wheat, Rosemary Parmesan... So I ordered my sandwich on Rosemary Parmesan Bread. The young lady made my sandwich, and another employee rang me up. She even asked if I wanted to upgrade my combo to a large drink. I paid the $9.00 that was told to me. My sandwich was finished, and the MANAGER then asked if it was mine. When I said yes, she then looked at the computer to see if I had paid for it. She then asked the employee if I had been "charged" for bread. The employee who rang me up said I had not. The manager then told me.... "I need to charge you for Rosemary Bread". I did not feel like fighting with her over her menu, so I paid her $.82 for bread. Needless to say when I got home, I called the corporate office and made a complaint. Now the FUNNY part about all of this is while I was looking at the menu, the manager was talking to the UPS man about how business sucks and if it doesn't pick up, she's gonna have to go into something else. PERHAPS SHE SHOULD STOP GOUGING CUSTOMERS, and FOLLOW THE COMPANY GUIDELINES. I won't be returning to the QUIZNOS on N. 18th Street again..........

MIMI MARKS..................... ERICA ANDREWS....................




UPCOMING SHOW: Tonight at 11:00 at THE CORNER BAR.... Come see Dextaci, Jocelyn Royalle, and another entertainer..... Should be a fun night! Just remember
"Tipping is NOT a city in China, and these gurls work hard for the money!
Tip them! Tip your Bartender, and remember that the DJ needs a Tip to play a
special request!"


Chevelle Brooks (Monroe Native).......... Victoria DePaula........... April Reign........... RAMONA LEGER........... SOME OF THE FABULOUS QUEENS THAT YOU SHOULD THINK OF WHEN GETTING READY FOR A SHOW, PAGEANT, OR APPEARANCE.......













DO BETTER!!!!!
So apparently there was some confusion yesterday. This is MY BLOG, and as the tagline says... it is "M y interpretation of the WORLD, the people in it, and the way it should be." If you don't like what I say, don't read it.
As I was saying yesterday... Drag is NOT what it used to be in Monroe. Back in the 90's, Monroe had State and National Titleholders who lived here, and were brought in to perform here on a weekly and monthly basis. The local queens, new and established had something to look up to and aspire to be. The local queens used to hold each other accountable for trying to be the BEST they could BE.... and if they fell short, they were called out about it. How else are you supposed to learn and grow? Today in Monroe, there are NO titleholders, no outside entertainers to look up to. The queens are having to start over from scratch. This is NOT their fault, it simply IS WHAT IT IS.....
Since I moved back home in December, I have heard MOST of the local queens at least once - "I am a titleholder" - Let me help clarify why this offends me.... there are different levels of titles, and ANY titleholder should be able to tell you that all that title means is that noone better than her entered that night. Does that mean that they are a bad entertainer? NO! Absolutely not, but by the same token, they are not the BEST in the industry, and I for one, would like to stop hearing that attitude in their voices. No matter how good you are, you can always DO BETTER!
Every time the queens above enter a pageant, they know that there will be competition, and they must DO BETTER! All I am asking of these local gurls, is to Stop the "I'm the shit attitude" and "DO BETTER!"
LOVE, PEACE, & ASS GREASE......
The FABU Queer!

1 comment:

  1. I guess I had better get a Turkey Bacon Guac before they go out of business!

    ReplyDelete