Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shoes.....The Queens wearing them: Rite Aid SUCKS: & CVS ROCKS!!!

Sorry I missed yesterday's post.... perhaps today will end up with 2 - ......


So the Drag Show Tuesday night @ THE CORNER BAR was actually decent (for Monroe). The Queens actually tried to bring it and were (for the most part) entertaining.... We did have a "Jennifer's Body" moment that was a little frightening since it did not make sense to me... but she tried...... and to hear her tell it, she was fabulous....again with these "I am Sasha" attitudes... hahahaha They wore some fabulous shoes and Zoey had hair for her last number that was very MiMi worthy.... GOOD JOB GURLS!


RITE-AID and CVS..........

So I have Asthma (have for years) and my nebulizer tubing sprung a leak and basically was not working. I ordered tubing from Amazon.com, but as you all know the bar is full of cigarette smoke which does not help my condition, especially when my sinus' have drained and my chest is suddenly congested. Yesterday started the coughing, which is sure to trigger an asthma attack if left untreated.... so the search for tubing began.... Chain Super-drug stores should be the place to go, or so I thought..... I started my journey at Rite-Aid (WHICH SUCKS FAT ASS.....) and was told by the pharmacist that they do not carry it, even though his own grandaughter is asthmatic. He suggested I go to a medical supply store that was closed.... Thanks for the help......NOT NOT NOT......... I then decided to go to an indepentent pharmacy (mom & pop) since that is where I had to go in Florida to get it the first time. They didn't have it either, but at least Aaron's Pharmacy tried to give good Customer Service and called another independent pharmacy to see if they carried it..... alas they did not have it either and again I was referred to the SAME medical supply house that was closed. I stopped by Freds to check if they might have it as I needed a pack of DVD's anyway..... they did not...........


I must say that I am QUITE appalled by the pharmacies that act as though
thousands of people don't use these machines and require supplies.....


I remembered that a good friend of mine also uses a nebulizer, and works in Home Health, so I called her to see where she gets her supplies. She had FABULOUS information that the CVS Pharmacy on North 18th Street normally carries it. I walked into the store, went back to the Pharmacist and LOW & BEHOLD..... THEY HAD IT...... Choir bells went to ringing and the heavens were re-aligned. CVS is the BEST STORE!!!!! I was finally able to take a breathing treatment and instantly felt better!


Now if I could get my bones to stop aching and these come & go chills to go away I'd be set...... Lots and Lots of Juice..... and covering with 10 quilts and blankets to try to end this mess.... Hope to feel better soon...... I will post more as I can.....


Love, Piece, & Ass-grease......


The FABU Queer!

2 comments:

  1. You shoulda duct taped that tubing, honey. I thought you were a drag queen! :)

    Hope you feel better soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO FUNNY that you say that - It had already been duct taped, and worked for a while, but Tuesday even taping it didn't fix it..... had to buy a new one - LOL LOL

    ReplyDelete