Tuesday, February 23, 2010

American Idol, Queen Accomplishments, & Cooled Jets



Cooled Jets............


I would like to comment while my jets are cooled..... I do not dislike any of the Drag Queens in Monroe. I admire each of them for putting forth their efforts to bring the art form to life in our quiet city. I do however, believe that ALL of them have some learning and growing to do. (as all of us do)... I was not always the pretty queen by the name of MiMi...... I had to learn, and learn every day and grow as a person as well as an entertainer. It was through the leadership of queens who came before me that I learned (both local entertainers as well as national titleholders). I do however, take offense to people who think they can "railroad" me, queen or not. Plain and simple. I will continue to comment as I see fit. (Remember that opinions are like assholes.... everybody has one and thinks theirs doesn't stink)


Queen's accomplishments.........

Last week, my show consisted of: Dextaci, Josalyn Royalle, & Zoey Valentine. My opinions on last weeks show are as follows: Each of these gurls is a good entertainer. Each one brought something different to the stage, and I enjoyed the show. Zoey understands make-up the best and always brings a "brilliant" face! Dextaci brings energy and a good lip sinc! Josalyn brings creativity and hard work! Song choices were excellent, and I would like to say "PROPS!!!" Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see you perform again!

Levels of Title & My opinions.........

Bar Title: A local pageant held to help introduce the art form to locals and to boost patronage of the host bar.


City Preliminary: A city-wide preliminary pageant held to advance a local entertainer through the ranks and offer a chance to become something better.


Regional (State) Preliminary: A state preliminary pageant that is open to more than one area in order to advance an entertainer through the ranks and offers a chance to compete against a wider range of entertainers and to become something better.


State Pageant: A state preliminary to a National title that an entertainer must first win a preliminary pageant. Offers a chance to compete against entertainers from all over the state. Competition can be fierce, depending on the preliminary winners.


Regional (National) Preliminary: A National preliminary pageant that is open to more than one area in order to advance an entertainer through the ranks and offers a chance to compete against a wider range of entertainers and to become something better. Competition is typically FIERCE!!!


National Pageant: The typical GOAL pageant for entertainers. Competitors must win a qualified preliminary pageant. Competition is FIERCE, and several competitors have been trying for years to win. Entertainers will rarely win on their first attempt.

As you should be able to have decifered - the goal should be to "DO BETTER!"



American Idol.........

This week is the TOP 12 Girls on Tuesday....... and for the record, I don't pick a favorite until the field is narrowed quite a bit.... There are a few that I enjoy quite a bit..... Can't wait to see who is going home Thursday.........

Until next time...

The FABU Queer!

No comments:

Post a Comment